THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN THE COLLEGE!
- Photo: Proceedurtal sedation by Australasian College of Paramedic Practitioner Fellow and Critical Care Paramedic Greg and Dr Akua Ageman - story published with their permission.
- Whilst working for an ambulance service and in a small rural town Greg was deployed to a "fall". After prehospital assessment, analgesia and splinting, the patient was transported back to the small hospital.
- After handing over the patient Greg prepared the ambulance vehicle for re-deployment. Instead of returning to an ambulance station Greg stayed at the hospital. In collaboration with Dr Ageman he coordinated the in-hospital care. (At the time Greg was completing an advanced course in primary healthcare)
- Greg conducted a chart review, ordered X-rays and ongoing analgesia.
- The X-ray was reviewed and the fracture was reduced with twilight sedation.
- The patient was discharged, with advice, appropriate medication, and recovered in the community.
- On Outpatient review, the fracture was found to have healed without complication.
- This is a snapshot of how paramedics can play a greater within the Australasian healthcare system.
- For all new members - Save $25 - we will suspend our normal application fee!
Key Aim: To support the introduction of Paramedic Practitioners into the Healthcare Workforce
Connect and Network with your peers
Be part of leading innovation in Primary Healthcare Paramedicine
10% discount on eTherapeutic Guidelines (eTGL - Medical Guidelines)
CPD through CRANA and the College
Become part of a leading team to improve patient care